This is an energizing infusion. It works on the adrenals to build energy and stamina. Conversely, with strengthened adrenal function you can expect to rest better and to experience less anxiety.
Stinging Nettles Infusion
Four to five quarts of nettle infusion weekly can yield results in 3 to 6 weeks. That’s right. Three to six weeks. True health is not a pill that you take. You didn’t run yourself down in one day. It takes time to return your body to balance. But return it will.
Nourishing infusions ensure that your body stays in tip-top shape. Once you’ve achieved a balance, a quart a week should be sufficient. Using nourishing infusions becomes part of your daily lifestyle. As far as I know there are no contraindications to stinging nettle infusion. However, you may experience side effects such as thicker hair, softer skin, stronger veins, an uptick in your enjoyment of life.
- 1 oz of dried nettle herb
- 1 quart boiling water
- Salt optional
- Place the herbs in a glass quart jar. Fill the jar with boiling water.
- Steep for at least four hours; More is fine. Overnight is fine.
- Strain herb from the water with a cheesecloth. (You can use an old white T-shirt as well.) Add salt if desired.
- Compost the herbs and drink the infusion. Refrigerating and then drinking cold is great but finish it within a day or two lest it ferment.