Mongolian Flank Seak
Beef that slowly cooks until tender will be melt-in-your-mouth perfection. This takes minutes to throw into the crock-pot and has such amazing flavor. One of the best things you will make in your slow cooker (or instant pot).
- 1.5 lbs flank steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 5 green onions divided
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger minced
- sesame seeds garnish
- Cut flank steak into thin strips. In a ziplock bag add flank steak pieces and cornstarch. Shake to coat. Set aside.
- Add cooking oil, garlic, 3 of the onions, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, carrots and ginger to slow cooker. Stir ingredients.
- Add coated flank steak and stir again until coated in sauce.
- Cook on on low for 4 to 5 hours until cooked throughout and tender.
- Serve over rice and garnish with remaining green onions and sesame seeds
You can also put everything into the ziplock bag and marinate overnight if desired.