Quick and easy, this recipe serves 4. Give yourself 15 minutes to prep the ingredients and about 18 minutes for cooking. In just about 33 minutes you’ve created a masterpiece.
Skillet Chicken with Neufchatel Spinach Artichoke Sauce
You just can’t go wrong with skillet chicken and a good cheese sauce! Perfectly golden brown, tender pan seared chicken breasts are topped with an easy to make, rich and flavorful spinach artichoke sauce. It might remind you of my crab and artichoke dip recipe but much lighter.
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 3 ½ cups fresh baby spinach chopped
- 1 (14 ocan artichoke quarters drained and chopped
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 4 oz Neufchatel cheese diced into small cubes
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Pound chicken to an even thickness using the flat side of a meat mallet. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on bottom, about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Turn chicken to opposite side. Continue cooking until chicken is golden brown on bottom or center registers 165 on an instant read thermometer, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer chicken to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 Tbsp butter in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and flour and cook 30 seconds then add in spinach and artichokes and sauté about 1 minute or until spinach has wilted.
- Pour in milk and scrape up browned bits from bottom.
- Add in Neufchatel cheese and parmesan, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook and stir until mixture has thickened slightly and cheeses have melted.
- Stir in sour cream then return chicken to skillet.