This is a favorite pickled pepper for all sorts of sandwiches, salads and soups.
Pickled Pepperoncini Peppers
Servings: 8 Pints
- Water bath canner
- 24 cups Pepperoncini peppers washed and cut into pieces or split
- 8 cups water
- 8 cups white vinegar
- 2/3 cup pickling salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peppercorns
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp pickle crisp
- Combine water, vinegar, salt and sugar in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Boil for one minute. Reduce to low and keep hot for canning.
- Tightly pack jars with peppers
- Place 1/8 tsp of pickle crisp in each jar. Add 1 tbsp peppercorns and a clove of garlic to each jar.
- Ladle pickling liquid into jars. Leave 1/4" head space.
- Use a bubble wand to remove air bubbles. Add additional liquid as needed to maintain 1/4" head space.
- Secure lids and rings, finger tight. Place in canner.
- Process jars for 10 minutes (Over 1000 feet elevation add 5 minutes)
- Turn off heat and wait 5 minutes before removing jars from canner. Place jars in a draft-free location overnight (12-24 hours)
- Remove the rings, check the seals. Store any unsealed jars in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.