Let that flavor of fresh Parmesan peas bring peace to your tongue and tummy. This recipe calls for fresh, but feel free to use frozen in the off season. If you don’t have Parmesan, try another cheese that grates well. Be creative and use what you have on hand.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 small shallots sliced
- 1- pound fresh peas (14 oz bag of frozen, thawed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and a pinch of the salt and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and remaining salt and cook until the peas are soft but still bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and toss.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and black pepper. Serve hot.