Lamb Ragù is an Italian dish. This recipe uses ground lamb. However, the meat can be minced or chopped. Traditionally it is served over pasta but with today’s new diets it can be adapted for paleo or keto plans.
Prepared with ground lamb. Try serving this over zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice if you're following a Paleo diet plan. Otherwise, pasta is the side of choice.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb ground
- 28 ounce tomatoes canned
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup basil fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet.
- Add the onion and cook until soft. Season with salt and pepper and add the garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Stir, cook for 1 minute, and add the lamb. Cook until the lamb is no longer pink.
- Add the tomatoes. Mash the tomatoes and simmer over medium low heat 30 to 45 minutes, until tomatoes are broken down.
- Add the tomato paste, and continue simmering for 30-60 more minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in the vinegar and basil and serve with pasta, zucchini noodles or sauteed cauliflower rice for a complete meal.