Lamb and spaghetti squash is a healthy version of traditional spaghetti. This recipe contains liver but it is optional.
If you like this one you might try Lamb Ragu.
Lamb and Spaghetti Squash
Lamb and spaghetti squash is a healthy version of traditional spaghetti. This recipe contains liver but it is optional. If you like this one you might try Lamb Ragu.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound lamb ground
- 1/8 pound liver ground or pureed (optional)
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano dried
- 8 medium mushrooms white button
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Prepare the squash
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise with a large knife or cleaver.
- Place cut side down in a shallow baking dish. Add 3/4" of water to the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or so, until the squash is soft to the touch.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool to a temperature comfortable for handling.
Prepare the lamb
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add lamb, liver, onions, sea salt, garlic, and oregano, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook 10 - 12 minutes or until lamb is fully done.
Assemble the dish
- Remove the "spaghetti" from the squash.
- Turn the cut side up, and remove from the rind with a fork. Tip: Scrape the fork cross-wise, so the strands of squash fall out like spaghetti.
- Spoon lamb mixture over spaghetti squash to serve.
- Optional: add a sauce of your choice