Hot Buttered Rum
This is a rich and delicious beverage. It can be made with or without alcohol so everyone can enjoy it! This is as large recipe that makes 52 servings. No problem though. It is a mix that stores well in the freezer.
- 2 cups butter softened
- 3 ¾ cups 10x powdered sugar
- 2 ¼ cups dark brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream softened
What You Need to Make a Serving
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rum or brandy optional
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- ¼ cup butter mixture
- Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in vanilla and ice cream.
- Fill freezer containers. Store in freezer until needed.
What to Do to Make a Serving
- Place ¼ cup butter mixture in a 10 or 12-ounce mug.
- Stir in boiling water and rum.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.