This recipe is for my Keto and carnivore friends and listeners. If you have a traditional, diversified farm with all kinds of ruminant animals, this recipe is for you. Or if you are shopping at your local farmer’s market for a variety of grass-fed meats, this recipe is for you. It calls for one pound each of beef, lamb and chev or goat, but you can use any combination of these meats. Or you could divide the ingredients by three and only use 1 lb.
For those of you who are not restricting carbohydrates, feel free to stuff this into a pita. You’ll be glad you did!!
Greek Seasoned Ground Meat Medley with (optional) Yogurt or Sour Cream
A lovely blend of spices with a variety of ground meats. Stuff it in a pita and enjoy!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 lb ground chev goat
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons salt less is fine
- 3 teaspoons ground pepper
- ¾ cup water
- Brown ground meats until fully cooked
- Drain pan drippings and add butter (this is actually optional but worth it)
- Mix in spices and water
- Simmer 5 to 10 minutes
- Serve with yogurt or sour cream