This recipe calls for our Peaceful Heart Gold aged raw milk cheese. However, you can substitute a nice Havarti when we are sold out. Our Peaceful Heart Gold is only available beginning about July and lasts through January or February.
Crab & Artichoke Dip
- Slow Cooker
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (14 ouncewater-packed artichoke hearts rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 package (8 ouncecream cheese softened
- 2 cups shredded Peaceful Heart Gold cheese or substitute Harvarti
- 1 can (6 ouncelump crabmeat drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers or bacon if you go keto
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain.
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the artichokes, cheeses, crabmeat, sour cream, salt, pepper and spinach. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until cheeses are melted. Serve with crackers—or BACON.
Just as it accommodates spices and other flavors, Peaceful Heart Gold’s creamy-smooth, tangy flavor complements a wide variety of foods. You can shred it on a pizza instead of—or in addition to—mozzarella. It melts beautifully over burgers and in casseroles, and is fabulous in a grilled cheese.