Around here we are just waiting for the asparagus to peak its head up from the ground. Yes, it’s that time of year. From about April through June an abundance of fresh asparagus is available. Check out your local farmer’s market.
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
Take advantage of your seasonal asparagus. This dish is easy to make and low carb and keto-friendly. Use a cast iron skillet or perhaps a baking dish handed down from your grandmother. It should be large enough for the asparagus trimmed of the woody stem to lay flat.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound asparagus spears woody ends removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease your baking dish.
- Arrange asparagus on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle the oil mixture over the asparagus and toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until vibrant and just beginning to get tender.
- Remove from oven and top with the mozzarella cheese. Return to oven and broil until the cheese melts and becomes golden (about 4-5 minutes).
- Serve immediately.