Try gourmet chevon burgers instead of hamburgers. Goat is the widely consumed meat in the world. Our goat grazes in the pasture for its entire life. It makes succulent chevon patties. It’s a great addition to a paleo or keto diet plan.
The meat is processed at a local USDA inspected facility. It is ground and frozen in vacuum sealed bags.
Gourmet Chevon Burgers
- 1 pound goat burger grassfed is preferable
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves dried
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves dried
- 1 teaspoon cilantro dried
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter divided
- Place the goat-burger in a mixing bowl, add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, cilantro, and cumin. Mix well.
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium to high heat. Add the onion, lower the heat, and sauté for about 2 minutes until nicely browned and caramelized.
- Add onions to burger mixture. Mix well. Shape into 4 patties. In a cast iron skillet heat the remaining olive oil or butter over medium-to-high heat.
- Cook the patties in oil or butter until medium to medium-well, about 8 - 10 minutes on each side.