Gooey goodness. More cheese, less pasta. This mac and cheese is a blue ribbon winner for the family!!
Mac and Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Pound elbow macaroni or cavatappi
- 1 Quart milk
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Cups Pinnacle Cheese Grated
- 3 Cups Clau d' ville Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1/2 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper Freshly Ground
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg Ground
- 1 Cup parmesan cheese Or other cheese topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Drizzle oil into large pot of boiling water. Add macaroni and cook according to directions on the package.
- Drain well.
- Melt butter in a large (4-quart) pot and add flour. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Add milk and cook until thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add Pinnacle and Clau d' ville Cheddar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Stir well.
Combine and Bake
- Add cooked macaroni to sauce and stir well.
- Pour into 3-quart dish.
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and browned on top.